Friday, July 20, 2007

I love summer!

I love being warm - it's so great! You won't hear me complaining about the heat, it makes me happy. I do wish we had a yard and garden, but I'm really working hard at not complaining so much, being thankful for what I have, and trusting God to give me the desires of my heart. As nice as it would be to have a garden, I'd probably then complain about all the work involved. :)

I'm going to the Harry Potter release party at the Dalhouse Chapters tonight, and then I plan to spend all day tomorrow reading. In preparation for this momentous occasion, I'm just about done re-reading all six other books - if I can talk Trevor into cooking supper, I probably have time to finish the last one before I head out tonight!

I've been thinking a bit about our Survivor youth retreat that we've started planning for November. Planning for that really dropped off because of all the work involved in the youth gathering, but now that I'm mostly recovered from that, I'm getting excited about Survivor again. We've had some really cool ideas about stuff to do, and I really enjoy seeing how everything comes together in the end. I find that Survivor is one of the most rewarding things I do all year!

Oooh, did I tell you guys that my bridesmaid's dress for Scott and Sam's wedding came a few weeks ago? I really, really love it - it's so pretty, and I got a great pair of sandals and a wrap to go with it. And Trevor's going to wear a tux, so the Heumanns are going to be looking pretty hot. :) I'm thinking that photos of us all dressed up will make good Christmas presents for the family!

No comments: