Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 in Review

1. Where did you begin 2007? In my bed, asleep! That's me, the party animal.... :)

2. What was your status by Valentine's Day? Ummm, employed? Married? Tired?

3. Were you in school (anytime this year)? Nope, I finished in December 2006

4. Did you have to go to the hospital? No, thankfully. I don't like hospitals at all.

5. Did you have any encounters with the police? A couple, actually. Our car was stolen in April, so we were in contact with the police alot. And Trevor got pulled over for making a u turn lol

6. Where did you go on vacation? I had a trip to Vernon with the youth in February, two trips to Edmonton (Break Forth and Leah's grad), a trip to my Mom's in NS in May/June, a trip to Ottawa in July, camping in Drumheller in August, a trip to Penticton in September, and a trip to Kelowna in October. I think the trips to NS and Drumheller were the only ones that really classified as a vacation though! Did you notice how many times I went to the Okanagan last year? ;)

7. Did you purchase an item that was over $500? Plane tickets to NS! They were expensive.

8. Did you know anybody who got married? A few people, actually. The only wedding we went to was Scott and Sam's though.

9. Did you know anybody who passed away? Not directly

10. Did you move anywhere? Yup, from the hood downtown, to the hood in the NE!

11. What sporting events did you attend? I don't think I went to any...oh, Scott and Trevor and I went to an exhibition hockey game that was pretty special. I think that was it though - I'm not really into sports, except figure skating. I'm hoping I can get tickets for the skating at the 2010 Olympics.

12. What concerts did you go to? Robin Mark and Brian Doerkson at Break Forth. A few different things at the CPO, which is always fun. If you haven't been to the CPO, you should go. If you're under 30, you can get last-minute cheap tickets for concerts.

13. Describe your birthday: It was very pirate-y! My inlaws gave me all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies for Christmas, and on my birthday I got together with a bunch of friends and watched them all.

14. What's the one thing you thought you would not do, but did in 2007? I don't know - I try not to say I'll never do something, because then it usually ends up happening... Although I was quite surprised to find myself playing parachute games in Ottawa... lol

15. What has been your favorite moment(s)? Lots - the trip around NS with Chris, hanging out with my youth in Ottawa, catching up with Heather in December, a few road trips and camping with Trevor...

16. Funniest moment(s)? I remember laughing a lot last year - more then I have in a long time. Ottawa and our 'special' youth group times played a big part in that. :)

17. Any new additions to your family? My sister had a baby! That was pretty big.

18. What was your best month? I think May through September...so basically the whole summer. :)

19. Who has been your best drinking buddy? Well, not that I really drink...but probably the group of people that always used to go for cheap wings - that was awesome.

20. Made new friends? I met some new people, but I think I really reconnected with a few people I'd lost touch with over the years (a lot of that due to Facebook, too!). And I hung out a bit with my little cousins that I don't really know - that was pretty cool.

21. Favorite night out? Many of them...although the first one that comes to mind was trying to convince Chris to walk through this really old, creepy graveyard at night, and then freaking myself out lol

22. Overall, how would you rate this year? Like on a scale of 0-10, probably an 8. It was good, although it did have a few heart-wrenching moments and I do remember crying alot. :)

23. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time? Work! Boooo....

24. Change your hairstyle? I grew it out for the wedding in September, and then cut it all in December

25. Have any car accidents? No, thankfully!

26. Most memorable moment? Only one? lol So many...I think the conga line at Survivor is pretty up there - it was so bittersweet. Definitely the most emotional moment of the year!

27. Do you have a new year's resolution? Two of them, actually. To live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle, and move to the Okanagan!

28. Do anything embarrassing? Probably - I try to not remember those moments though...

29. Buy anything new from eBay? Nope

30. Get married or divorced? Nope. I helped a few people get divorced though! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

31. Get arrested? Nope

32. Be honest - did you watch American idol? No - I can't stand American Idol. I watched a bit of Canadian Idol, and then when I was away and couldn't watch, they voted off most of the people I really liked, so I didn't watch it any more.

33. Did you get sick this year? Not really, much thanks to Cold FX! That stuff is amazing.

34. Been snowboarding? Nope

35. Are you happy to see 2007 go? Yes and no - there are a few moments from 2007 that I'd like to keep around, but I'm looking forward to some big changes in 2008. I'm getting old - it's time to buy a house! lol

No comments: