Friday, June 06, 2008

Bizzare...

I was just in the photocopy room, looking for a binder to put this client's financial disclosure into, my mind totally on tax returns and credit card statements and such, and I had the strangest conversation...

Co-worker: "Do you mind if I ask you a question? Don't be offended, but you're so quiet. Are you LDS?"
Me: (mishearing and thinking LSD...) Pardon?
Co-worker: LDS. It's a church I belong to - I have it on my resume. You're so quiet and I heard you mention your church once, so I wondered if you belonged to the same one.
Me: (realizing she mean Mormon) Ummm, no, I'm Lutheran.
Co-worker: Oh, yah, that's a good church too.
Me: (smiling politely as I back slowly out of the room)

How weird is that? Not only is she so NOT a quiet person, I never associated being quiet with any particular religion. And why on earth would you put your religious affiliation on your resume? That's just opening the door for all kinds of trouble! It was so strange...

No comments: