Friday, July 25, 2008

Yay for Friday!

It's been a long week...I still haven't even finished unpacking! Somehow I feel like putting my suitcases away will really mean it's all over. :(

Actually, my biggest fear about the trip did come true...I was really worried that Israel and archaeology would get under my skin and I'd have this burning desire to go back again...oy...

We talked to a mortgage broker this week - it looks like we're going to go ahead and try to buy a house in the NW in the next few months. The market has changed quite a bit in the last few months, so we're going to try to get in while we can. Things could still change, but for now that's what the plan is. And my mom and my brother are going to try to come out for our first Christmas in our own house, which would be super cool.

The trouble with that is if we buy a house, that's where all of our money is going to be going, and the odds of me being able to gallivant off to Hippos for another season are pretty slim. And I want to go so badly! But I also really want to buy a house...argh... I know that if I'm supposed to go again, it'll all work out, but easier said then done!

Can I just say (maybe again!) that I LOVED my experience on this trip? It was fantabulous, and it's definitely changed me. I can't really put my finger on what exactly, but something has changed. Maybe it's because after the stress of border crossings in the middle east, the c-train ride feels like a picnic? :)

Anyway, on the agenda for this weekend is a whole lot of housecleaning, brunch with a friend, hopefully a hike on Nose Hill and I'm going to see Mama Mia with another friend. Should be fun!

Oh, we went to see Get Smart this week - SO, SO funny. There was one really, really, really gross scene that I really could have done without though - I seriously thought I was going to loose my dinner right there in the theatre! Aside from that though, I had no complaints.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: