Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Fourth Season of Hell on Wheels

The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo was a MONTH ago already! How did that happen? I still want to recap with whole weekend, because it was an epic one, but I'm going to start with a Hell on Wheels roundup.

Hell on Wheels was not only renewed for a fourth season, they're doing 12 episodes instead of just 10. The cast and some assorted behind-the-scenes people did a panel at Comic Expo, and it was about time! Unfortunately it started rather late, and because there were so many people on the panel (which was great, but...) it was logistically complicated and there wasn't as much time to hear them talk as would have been nice to have. There were some spoilers for season three, which I haven't seen because it's not out on DVD yet, but I was kind of expecting that might happen. The cast did a free autograph signing (mostly you pay for autographs at cons) after, but I had to go get in line for Tom Felton so I couldn't go. I hope they come back again next year!

Also, I don't know what it is about Comic Expo lighting, but you're not allowed to use a flash (which makes sense, but...) which means that unless you're a professional or at least a serious photography hobbyist, your photos don't turn out very well. Sigh...


I totally approve of Dohn's Darth Vader shirt.

Anson brought his new dog, Mac, who's basically now the star of Anson's twitter account.
 
I realized as I was sorting through these that I took a disproportionately high number of pictures of Chris...

Feel the bromance!


And most importantly, I give you a massive roundup of tweets going back through March - all about Hell on Wheels! And thanks to Suzette Chan's live-tweeting of the HoW panel, most of the highlights are here too. It's been a busy spring for them. I'm very excited for season four! And to see season three when it FINALLY comes out on DVD in July...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, just found this post... you wrote "I realized as I was sorting through these that I took a disproportionately high number of pictures of Chris" <--- have you posted them somewhere? i'd love to see them, aaaaaaallll =D thank you kindly

MichelleH said...

Alas, the ones I posted here are the best of the bunch, because the lighting was so bad! :)